Refilled Miniml Washing Up Liquid - Wild Rhubarb and Lemon
A household staple!
Tough on dirt and grime but gentle on the environment and your skin! Made in Yorkshire, the washing up liquid is non toxic, free from chlorine bleaches and vegan friendly.
- Free from sulphates, parabens, solvents, chlorine bleaches, lanoline and phosphates
- British made, vegan and cruelty free
- Readily biodegradable
- Safe for septic tanks if used as directed
- Powerful on dirt, grime and grease
- Supports a small business
- 500ml is enough for approximately 50 washes
Why are most big brand washing up liquids NOT eco friendly?
This is an interesting question that obviously depends on the brand of washing up liquid you buy. Have you ever read the back of your washing up liquid bottle? The chances are it will say toxic to aquatic life, which is concerning when it literally gets washed down the sink, into our water systems and rivers. Most people don't consider that too much of an issue, you only use a tiny bit a day, right? Times that tiny little bit by the MILLIONS of households every single day washing it down the sink and suddenly its not such a tiny issue! 65% of UK households do not own a dishwasher and are therefore using washing up liquid. That's before we've even mentioned the plastic packaging, which will ultimately end up in landfill. The household favourite washing up liquid Fairy won't even reveal a transparent ingredient list, theirs is well known for being notoriously vague. Washing up liquid is obviously mixed with hot water, creating steam, which we inhale. It also touches our skin, which is made more vulnerable when in hot water, we should be more aware of what ingredients are being used!
How our rescued refills work:
- You order the household essentials you need. Either in 250ml, 500ml or 1L quantities. (Please note if you’re order is being posted, 1L’s may be divided in to 2 x 500ml for easier posting!)
- We post to you in rescued packaging! Either glass or plastic bottles/jars that we have rescued from being recycled or thrown away. We have an amazing local community that have been saving their bottles for us to prevent waste. Once they reach us, they are thoroughly cleaned and then sterilised, ready to begin their new adventure! All products will arrive with a label, so you'll always know what is what.
- Local to us? Then your rescued refill will be left on your doorstep, a bit like the milkman, but instead of milk, household essentials. And instead of a milkman just little ole me!
- You can then decanter your refill in to a different bottle if you wish. Also, if you’d like to keep our circular system going, save up a couple of bottles and post back to us using a box that can be posted as a “Small Parcel” with the Royal Mail (postage will be £3.20) and we will refund you the postage when the bottles reach us. They can then start their new adventure! If you’re local to us, simply leave any bottles outside your door and we will collect. Simple!
Recycling is great, but ultimately plastic bottles will still end up in landfill. That’s the sad reality! Plastic loses its quality quite significantly every time it is recycled, meaning most plastic bottles will get recycled once or twice if its lucky. However, it is predicted that nearly half of ALL plastic bottles wont even reach a recycling plant at all. We need to be reusing rather than recycling plastic and we are really keen to contribute to this idea any way we can!
We are keeping the prices of our refills as low as we possibly can, I really do want to make this an accessible option for as many people as possible. There is NO minimum order, other larges businesses offering refills have put a high minimum order on their refills, but as a young family ourselves, we understand that you don’t always want to spend £40 on washing up liquid and shampoo in one go!
The refills reach us in plastic containers that Miniml then collect and reuse. The products themselves are also eco friendly – they are free from nasty chemicals and Miniml are the UK’s fasted growing Zero Waste cleaning brand. If we get enough support, we will expand the product range over the new few months. If there is something in particular you are looking for, pop me an email and I will see if I can help!
We can take one more thing off your to do list!
We have a bi monthly subscription box packed with all the household essentials you need.
1kg Miniml Washing powder OR 1 pack Zero Waste Club Laundry Sheets
1000ml Miniml washing up liquid, usually 500ml Rhubard and 500ml Apple orchard
1 x Ecovibe toilet cleaner refill, which makes 500ml. Bottle for life included for free.
1000ml Miniml Coconut Fabric Conditioner
£20.99. Automatically billed and posted every other month, works out just over £10 a month for all your household essentials! See our subscription boxes for more details and to sign up!
A great cleaning product!
Lovely dish soap. Works well with grease/fired food but isn’t abrasive. Lovely smell.
Ruth Ferrari | Nantwich, Cheshire | July 2022
Great idea, lovely smell!
This is a wonderful idea. My 500ml of washing up liquid arrived in a cleaned out coke bottle which I decanted into a pump top Method one I had saved for this very occasion. Really happy with the concept, the price was great, it smells lovley without being too overpowering and lots of bubbles. What more could you ask for? Highly recommended!
Kate F | Glasgow | March 2022
Brand : Miniml