Lemon essential oil is derived from the peel of fresh lemons through a cold-press extraction method. It offers a range of uses and benefits, both for physical and mental well-being as well as for using around the home.
Thanks to its ability to cut through grease and kill bacteria, it is very popular in home made cleaners. Its uplifting, clean and citrusy smell leaves a wonderful scent and is also a popular choice for use in homemade laundry detergents.
Here are just a few ideas for inspiration on how to get the best out of this little bottle of sunshine:
Lemon essential oil is derived from the peel of fresh lemons through a cold-press extraction method. It offers a range of uses and benefits, both for physical and mental well-being. Here are some of the common applications:
1. Uplifting Aromatherapy - Inhaling the refreshing scent of lemon essential oil can help uplift mood and reduce stress and anxiety. Diffusing the oil in your home or workplace creates a pleasant and invigorating atmosphere.
2. Air Freshener - Lemon essential oil has a clean and citrusy aroma that can be used as a natural air freshener. Add a few drops to a diffuser, spray bottle, or even to your vacuum cleaner bag to eliminate odors and create a fresh environment.
3. Cleaning Agent - Lemon oil's natural antibacterial and antiviral properties make it an excellent addition to homemade cleaning products. It can help disinfect surfaces, cut through grease, and leave a clean scent.
4. Skin Care - Lemon essential oil is beneficial for the skin. It has astringent properties that can help reduce excess oil, tighten pores, and promote a clear complexion. It can be added to DIY skincare products or diluted with a carrier oil for topical application.
5. Immune System Support - The high concentration of limonene in lemon essential oil is believed to have immune-boosting properties. Diffusing the oil or using it in a massage blend may support overall immune system function.
6. Energy and Alertness - The invigorating scent of lemon oil is known to promote alertness and increase energy levels. Inhaling the aroma or applying a diluted solution topically can provide a natural energy boost.
10. Natural Disinfectant - Lemon oil's antimicrobial properties make it effective for disinfecting surfaces. It can be added to cleaning solutions or used as a room spray to help eliminate germs.
As with any essential oil, it's important to dilute lemon essential oil with a carrier oil before applying it to the skin and to perform a patch test to check for sensitivity. Additionally, use caution with photosensitive oils like lemon when applying to the skin, as they can increase sensitivity to sunlight.
12ml glass bottle, with plastic lid and recyclable cardboard box.